Stars in Transition together with Professional Facilitators offers our local children and visiting children from around the globe a diversity of exciting activities during school holidays in the Port Elizabeth area: Stars in Transition is the Booking Facilitator for listed activities. All activities are suitable for children aged 5 – 15 years. Short Description, Times, Venue and Costing as listed.
- All activities expect children to bring own snacks and drinks, except where listed differently
Holiday Arts & Crafts Workshops at Funky Frogs Play Centre (5 – 10 yrs)
- Dates : 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th Dcember 2011
- Time : 09h00 – 12h00 each day
- Cost : R75.00 per child (includes all art materials)
- Note : The workshop finishes at 12h00. Should your child stay after 12h00, he/she will be looked after by Funky Frogs Staff and you will pay an additional amount according to their rates, directly to the Play Centre.
- Venue : Funky Frogs Play Centre, Moffett on Main Lifestyle Centre
- Monday 12th December : Mosaic fun, make a car or cat in mosaic
- Tuesday 13th December : Photo hanger for photos of family or friends
- Wednesday 14th December : Paint and plant a herb garden
- Thursday 15th December : Girls make a trinket box, boys make a space rocket
Young Presenters & Producers 3-Day Workshop (7-12 yrs)
- Dates : 12th, 13th, 14th 15th December 2011
- Time : 09h00 – 12h00 (Mon – Wed) (Thursday is an award ceremony from 09h00 – 10h00)
- Cost : R240.00 for the 3 days, including the award ceremony
- Venue : The Media Workshop, 2nd Avenue, Newton Park
Description : If your child is a budding presenter or producer and would one day like to get into TV or film, now is their chance to come and learn how to present and produce their very own DVD. Basics of video recording; in front of and behind camera skills; TV Presenting skills and lots of FUN !!!
2-Day Horse Workshop (8-15 yrs)
- Dates : 14th & 15th December 2011
- Time : 08h00 – 17h00
- Cost : R500.00 for both days
- Venue : Heatherbank Farm, Lorraine
Description : Beginners Workshop. Learn all about Horses & Riding. Facilitator has 16 years of experience and has been doing Stars in Transition’s workshops for 3 years.
Bay World Holiday Club (6-13 yrs)
- Dates : 12th to 23rd December 2011 (excluding 16th, 17th 18th December 2011)
- Time : 07h30 – 17h15 (formal programme is from 09h00 – 15h30)
- Cost : R80 per child mornings only (includes morning tea with fruit and biscuit)
- : R110 per child full day (2 teas with biscuits and fruit) Bring own lunch.
- Venue :Bay World Museum Educational Halls
Description : Children who attend the activities are divided into two groups i.e. Junior and Senior Groups. Our program is mixed, catering for boys and girls, which includes beach sports, with the very popular beach fitness fun and runs, drama, science, crafts, cookery and dance. This holiday, the head of collections at the museum will be taking us on a ‘voyage of discovery’ from gross, big and old goodies.
Marine mammals, snakes, sharks and other animals featured at the museum are also part of our daily activities. We also watch the reptile feeding and if we are lucky /unlucky, have the opportunities to see the snakes being fed or even a fish or shark dissection – for those who can stomach it!!!!
Many of the activities are ‘specialist based’ and trained specialists are employed to take the groups.
Educational Fun with Science (5-9 yrs)
(Please note that there is a morning session and an afternoon session from which to choose)
- Dates : 12th, 13th, 14th December 2011 & 5th, 6th January 2012
- Time : 08h30 – 12h00 OR 13h00 – 16h30
- Dec. Cost : R85 per session (morning or afternoon) / R250 for full programme (3x am OR pm sessions)
- Jan. Cost : R85 per session (morning or afternoon) / R160 for full programme (2x am OR pm sessions)
- This includes an experi-bag that goes home containing a letter to mom & dad explaining the activities of the day and a home experiment. As well as refreshments.
- Venue : 25 Van Riebeeck Street, Westering
Description : Every session will introduce the children to a scientific theme and we will do experiments with them relating to the chosen theme. The experi-bag that goes home will bear relation to the scientific theme/s dealt with on the day.